Ok, I'm really not sure if i should be asking a windows forum, a dell forum, or here...
First some background:
I installed Ubuntu, Vista, and Media direct. Everything worked fine. Then I tried installing additional codecs for media direct (which worked the previous time I've tried it), but this time it just bsod's on boot...
I figured ok... lets just hose the media direct partition and install mythbuntu on it and see what happens...
Here's when I realised that things have gone horribly wrong. When trying to check out my partitions, gparted reports the entire drive as being unallocated. (the drive is ment to have 6 partitions on it)
Vista won't boot. It attempts to boot, but then starts booting media direct, then bsods.
Ubuntu however works as per normal. It does however report 2 media direct partitions (and it appears to mount the same partition twice)
Now I'd like to fix this problem, but i have no idea where to start. I'm guessing first thing would be to fix the partition issue... how would i go about doing that?
sudo fdisk -l from within ubuntu (not live cd) gives:
I think sda1 is ment to be the dell utility partition which is ment to be something like 60mb, but here it seems to be the same size as the media direct partition (sda5 i think).
Disk /dev/sda: 320.0 GB, 320072933376 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000080
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 38652 38913 2104483+ c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sda2 * 7 30684 246421035 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda3 30685 38913 66099442+ f W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/sda5 38652 38913 2104483+ dd Unknown
/dev/sda6 30685 35788 40997817 83 Linux
/dev/sda7 35789 37655 14996646 83 Linux
/dev/sda8 37656 38651 8000338+ 82 Linux swap / Solaris
Partition table entries are not in disk order