Thread: Wireless still does not work after upgrade

Beans

Wireless still does not work after upgrade

I have been using xubuntu for 4 months now. still, my dell wireless 1450 usb adapter, does not work properly. it will connect, but the connection stays from 15 seconds to 5 minutes, before losing it. the only remedy is me unplugging and replugging the usb cable that runs from the adapter to the computer. it is not the connection, the room of which i have has the router right under it, and on windows in this very room, connection is outstanding. i have tried ndiswrapper, installed it successfully, and it does not work. ndiswrapper says that my adapter is compatible with linux, but i say otherwise. is there any way possible for me to fix this? if not, what cards will work with xubuntu?

P.S. I started out using ubuntu, but had the same problem, so i switched to xubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Wireless still does not work after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by vspartan5 View Post
    I have been using xubuntu for 4 months now. still, my dell wireless 1450 usb adapter, does not work properly. it will connect, but the connection stays from 15 seconds to 5 minutes, before losing it. the only remedy is me unplugging and replugging the usb cable that runs from the adapter to the computer. it is not the connection, the room of which i have has the router right under it, and on windows in this very room, connection is outstanding. i have tried ndiswrapper, installed it successfully, and it does not work. ndiswrapper says that my adapter is compatible with linux, but i say otherwise. is there any way possible for me to fix this? if not, what cards will work with xubuntu?

P.S. I started out using ubuntu, but had the same problem, so i switched to xubuntu.
    I think the ndiswrapper not suite ur Dell wireless card. What brand of you wireless card?

Beans

Re: Wireless still does not work after upgrade

by brand do you mean dell? it was made by dell, 1450 2.0 usb wireless adapter, the chipset is made by broadcom.