Thread: Ubuntu 8.04 vs Kubuntu 8.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Ubuntu 8.04 vs Kubuntu 8.04

Question which runs faster? Ubuntu or Kubuntu ... or more accurately KDE or gnome? I currently utilizing gnome and looking to convert system to KDE but not sure what effect it will have on its performance.

Also I am on a labtop with a Intel Core 2 Duo is there a KDE Performance Monitor that can monitor both processors like the Gnome version can? Because i noticed from KDE Live CD the default Performance Monitoring app doesn't read the CPU's individually.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 8.04 vs Kubuntu 8.04

KDE runs faster, it's just not quite as user freindly in some areas, which is why gnome is as popular as it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

With your system, they both would run fast. (I assume you have at least a 1 gb ram.) Unless you really want to count the milliseconds, they will run about the same.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yea i got 1GB of ram...wish i had 4 though, 2 for system and another 2 for the Virtual Box x.x Be nice to hybrid the best parts of both kde and gnome into one.

Second question still stands though.
    Last edited by MasterNetra; May 3rd, 2008 at 04:49 AM.

Beans

it's just not quite as user freindly in some areas, which is why gnome is as popular as it is.
    Gnome, user friendly? Not the version shipped in Hardy Heron. THAT version of Gnome is an abomination. Its got more bugs than a windshield through a locust plague.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Switched to Kubuntu. Seems to run a whole lot faster. Downside can't seem to figure out how to configure touchpad... installed "Touchpad" but nothing showed. Nothing in the utlities, system, settings, system settings, or system settings > keyboard & mouse... And this "tab-click" is driving me nuts >.>
    Last edited by MasterNetra; May 3rd, 2008 at 09:59 AM.