Quote Originally Posted by picopir8 View Post
Most computer also support network boot. If so do the following:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/Netboot

That page also has a link to the mini.iso. That can be extracted and the files copies to your flash drive and booted off that if possible. Otherwise if you can boot off a floppy linux that allows you to access the flash drive, perhaps you can then copy the files to your hard drive to bood them (they are loaded to ram so it is okay if they are on the same drive you want to install linux to).

Otherwise, just remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer, and put the contents of the mini.iso on it.
Mine does not support network boot, and even if it did, it is wireless, so it would most likely not work.

Otherwise if you can boot off a floppy linux that allows you to access the flash drive, perhaps you can then copy the files to your hard drive to boot them
How would I make such a floppy? and what files? Would I need to extract the contents of the .iso onto my flash drive, or would the plain iso work?

Otherwise, just remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer, and put the contents of the mini.iso on it.
No can do. It is a laptop, and I cannot get the case off, I have tried. Plus, I would have to buy an adapter, and i do not have much money right now, or I would just have bought a new laptop, instead of fixing up an old one in the garage.

Any other thoughts, people?
Answers? (besides "42")