Thread: Pandora.com locks up w/ Firefox 3 beta 5 in hardy?

Beans

Pandora.com locks up w/ Firefox 3 beta 5 in hardy?

Whenever I go to pandora.com it acts like its going to play one song then skips it then displays the next song. The next thing that happens is the window goes dim and gets unsaturated. this worked fine when I was using firefox 2 in gusty but now it doesn't. is it working for any one else?

If i were to go to add/remove... and just uncheck firefox and check firefox 2 would it hurt any thing? I miss all my old addons. I dont see why a beta version was used as the default browser.
    Last edited by spacesearcher; April 27th, 2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: added info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Pandora.com locks up w/ Firefox 3 beta 5 in hardy?

Pandroa works fine for me... Do you have flash installed? type
    Code:
    about:plugins
    into the Firefox's address tool bar.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm listening to Pandora right now, all I did was install flash-nonfree or somthing from the Synaptic Package Manager (repositories) with firefox 3 beta 5 closed, and everything works great.
    ThinkPad R61 14" | Fedora 14 | Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz | 4GB DDR2 | 64GB SSD

Beans

Ok somehow its working now thanks though. I think it was something to do with me installing an addon and going to pandora at the exact same time. I tried it a while later after I had rebooted a few times and it works now. I thought I was going to die w/o pandora >.<