Thread: Having 2 problems, mouse & panel.

Beans

Having 2 problems, mouse & panel.

The first problem is when I log in to ubuntu...*sometimes* a fatal error pops up about my panel not being able to register, with a check box for "force panel to not automatically restart". When this happens...whether or not I click "OK" my top and bottom panel/taskbars are not visible. I have to hit ctrl+alt+bkspce to go back to the login screen and login again, usually this works and the error doesn't come back up until a day or two later.

The second problem is my mouse. At random times, when I'm doing something like playing a game, or just browsing the different applications, my mouse will go berserk...back and forth across the screen very fast, opening the desktop submenu, sometimes opening multiple windows. In order to get it to stop...I have to let the mouse sit idle for about 3-5 seconds, then it goes back to normal. Last night while I was playing various games...this happened about 20-30 times in a row in a short period of time.

I'm new to ubuntu, and anything linux...long time Windows user, so I'm a newb. If there are fixes for this stuff..try to keep the explanations simple. Thanks!

Beans

Re: Having 2 problems, mouse & panel.

Mouse problem is still pretty bad, haven't had any more panel errors since the first post.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I had a similar issue with a "Micro" mouse and replaced the mouse. The problem exited with the mouse.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    I had a similar issue with a "Micro" mouse and replaced the mouse. The problem exited with the mouse.
    I'm just using some generic no-name wired optical mouse.