Thread: XP/Ubuntu flip?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question XP/Ubuntu flip?

I saw a Youtube video where someone was able to use the worplace switcher to flip back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows XP. I am slightly curious how this is done so I can experiment with other systems [I hate XP with a passion-its way too slow and full of crap]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: XP/Ubuntu flip?

Quote Originally Posted by irunwithknives View Post
    I saw a Youtube video where someone was able to use the worplace switcher to flip back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows XP. I am slightly curious how this is done so I can experiment with other systems [I hate XP with a passion-its way too slow and full of crap]
    HI and I believe that was running a virtual machine seamless.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

It could also have been a KVM. It's kind of old technology now, but you can buy a switch that lets you use the same keyboard, video, and mouse for two different computers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by revpfil View Post
    It could also have been a KVM. It's kind of old technology now, but you can buy a switch that lets you use the same keyboard, video, and mouse for two different computers.
    HI and this is true as I have one. But the op was speaking of the workspace switcher. There is a "how to" here in the forums I just have not found it yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I very much recommend you check out Virtualbox OSE. It's easy to install, check the repo's, it seems to be more efficient to me than VMWare, easy to get the guest OS installed, and comes with a killer set of addons!

The fullscreen mode of Virtualbox takes up a whole workspace to the point where you'd never know linux was running under it!

Russo
    Macbook Pro C2D
    Ubuntu 8.04