Reinstall 7.10, save data?
I boogered up something in Kubuntu 7.10. Now there is a problem related to Xserver (or so the system says). To get the machine useful again quickly: my boss insists upon having a GUI. So I need a good way handle this... fast.
- Is there a way to reinstall the OS without losing data?
- Is there a one-size-fits-all fix for display issues?
- What happens if I save data to a thumb drive that is FAT-formatted?
I ask because I have had problems when
- FTPing tarballs to a Windows file server
- FTPing back to LINUX and
- The data were frequently corrupted.
It's amazing how many problems can be solved by lowering your standards.
Given that, sometimes Windows is the fix for a LINUX problem <sigh>.