View Poll Results: What do you think about Forum Staff ?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am very happy with them. The are regulating the forums well.

78 67.83%
  • I am unhappy with them for some reason.

7 6.09%
  • They are okay.

20 17.39%
  • I don't care.

10 8.70%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Beans

What do you think about the forum staff ?

Please tell your opinons about Forum Staff

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Now, what is the point of this poll? Since all of us are volunteers, will the results make much of a difference? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being critized at all, however, I am merely emphasizing that the results won't have any impact on the forums' management and will cause dispute sooner or later. Plus I don't think it will result in a construtive discussion. So again I ask you, what is your point?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I don't really see the point of this thread either...but I still voted that I'm happy with the way it's moderated, I think they're doing a good job

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Interesting.

A non-mod or non-admin polling this.

Point being .... ?
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans

I personally am "JUST CURIOUS" what other people think about this subject. I think these forums make up a free platform where people can open threads just because they are curious on something as long as they obey the rules and regulations.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The staff have always been fair and nice to me, and I like them.
    But I think they were a little to harsh on one of my friends, but I won't go into that, and don't want to make anyone upset.
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

OK, let's the community decide then. But I really hope this thread has anything to contribute, because otherwise it will be closed fairly soon. Not because we cannot face criticism, but simply because this is a very poor way of conveying the message. OK, now I've said it. Sorry for it (sort of).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Quote Originally Posted by wieman01 View Post
    OK, let's the community decide then. But I really hope this thread has anything to contribute, because otherwise it will be closed fairly soon. Not because we cannot face criticism, but simply because this is a very poor way of conveying the message. OK, now I've said it. Sorry for it (sort of).
    Put it in the backyard for discussion then.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There are two user accounts registered with the same IP address as the OP, the other one recently received an infraction and was banned for trolling, not long before this one was created.

Coincidence? Maybe. I doubt it.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Speaking as a former moderator and current administrator of about 2 years experience (and with that probably the only active administrator) of a what I'd call a medium sized forum (we have around 25,000 members although very few "active") I know the stress that being a mod/admin can be. The feeling of "why the hell am I giving up my free time to do this when no one seems to care" (which the mods here may have felt from time to time). We still perservere because we love the respective sites and we want to help in their running and, overall, we do the job happily. Do members always like mine and my teams decisions? Hell no! But we still have to keep making those difficult decisions to keep the site respectable and fun for our members. Sometimes it is hard enough on the forum I administrate at, I couldn't imagine having to do the job on a forum twenty times that size (with respect to member numbers). So I do have a lot of respect for the staff here, I think they do a great (essentially thankless) job and they don't get told that enough. If the mods/admins all went on strike for a week you'd certainly see the difference.
    Last edited by sub2007; March 7th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast