Thread: Need a little help here guys...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Need a little help here guys...

I posted this in the Installation forum but it got buried. So, maybe I can get a little help here. The thread is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...25#post4388325

After reading that, maybe someone can come up with some needed advice? Thanks.
    Registered Linux User #414589
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: Need a little help here guys...

MerlinsLair, In case you don't check out the other thread. Dell Computers is now shipping with Ubuntu 7.10 installed, and they are supporting them. Jim20_5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need a little help here guys...

From what I saw on your other thread, I don't think you'll find a comp. with specs. as good as your custom built. With that said, I have ubuntu running on a custom built and on an HP laptop. Ubuntu is very flexible and you can find several work arounds for hardwares. Of course it's better if it works out of the box, but that's not always the case. I say that because it took me a while to set up the HP laptop and against what almost everyone said, I installed Gutsy 7.10 on it and it's now running like a charm! I was able to get everything setup and running. Of course it took a little bit of research but that's what this forum is here for... I would go with the custom built, you'll have a much nicer machine!
    "There are 10 types of people: Those who read binary and those who don't"
    >>>"who is general failure and why is he reading my files"<<<
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 22367
    Howto automount NTFS - My wallpaper