Thread: saa7134 card not detected with # cat /proc/asound/cards

Beans
    Hidden!

saa7134 card not detected with # cat /proc/asound/cards

The saa7134 card isnt detected with # cat /proc/asound/cards
    and also not in kmix,witch i used in the previus mythbuntu(in ubuntu 7.10),where i got sound,but with recordings metallic and to fast.
    in this version of mythbuntu, tv time is normally working,togetter with mythbuntu tv tv time has no video but only sound and mythbuntu only video just as only in mythbuntu...
    with kmix i could get sound in the mythbuntu version in ubuntu by switching on and of the video switch in saa7134...

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: saa7134 card not detected with # cat /proc/asound/cards

fixed the problem with reinstalling alsa source etc see` Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide`

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by devrieshh View Post
    The saa7134 card isnt detected with # cat /proc/asound/cards
    and also not in kmix,witch i used in the previus mythbuntu(in ubuntu 7.10),where i got sound,but with recordings metallic and to fast.
    in this version of mythbuntu, tv time is normally working,togetter with mythbuntu tv tv time has no video but only sound and mythbuntu only video just as only in mythbuntu...
    with kmix i could get sound in the mythbuntu version in ubuntu by switching on and of the video switch in saa7134...
    problem is I have to do that again after rebooting...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by devrieshh View Post
    fixed the problem with reinstalling alsa utils etc.(see Comprehensive Sound Problem Solutions Guide v0.5e) problem is I have to do that again after rebooting...also I am not sertain iI have sound recording films...(recordet movie,no sound just nois...

Beans
    Hidden!

Sound cards are detected after reinstalling alsa...
    :~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
    0 [V8237 ]: VIA8237 - VIA 8237
    VIA 8237 with AD1888 at 0xe400, irq 20
    1 [SAA7134 ]: SAA7134 - SAA7134
    saa7133[0] at 0xfe900000 irq 19

But,after starting mythtv frontend....,` watching tv` I have no sound until I startup kmix,moving to saa7134 and swiching video swich off and on again...when i go to the next station I have to do that again... This is probably also the reason I only can record without sound...

thanks for some advice

I've got a pinnacle 150 with the same chip

It sounds like you need to use alsa digitally
    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php...rc.2C_Properly

It looks complicated but just cut and paste the ~/.asoundrc text

Then make sure the capture volume is up and turn the input level off (else you will be able to hear when its recording!)

It works for me.. although the tv tuner still had a bug I had to work around so I dont get white noise on random channel changes