Thread: Matrox G400 TV Out under Gutsy

Beans

Matrox G400 TV Out under Gutsy

I'm running Mythbuntu under Gutsy Gibbon successfully with the following hardware:

Intel Celeron 2.2 GHz, 1 Gb RAM, 30Gb boot drive, 40Gb Storage drive (yeah, I know, I need a bigger storage drive), AVermedia PVR-150 tuner, Matrox G400 Dual Head, onboard sound, MCE USB remote

Everything works perfectly except the TV Out on the Matrox card. With the G400, I should be able to plug composite video into the second head and drive my ancient (i.e., non-SVideo) TV with it.

I found an old thread a KnoppMyth showing what needs to be done (http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtop...55a6b84c52a00d), but when I download the Matrox drivers and try to install them, I get the following message:

"ERROR: The X server drivers included in this installation package do not support the current version of your X server."

Obviously, the Gutsy X drivers are too new for these old Matrox drivers.

So, does anyone have a working Matrox G400 TV-Out configuration they are willing to share, or any other feedback? Since my TV does not have anything but Composite input, I can't go with the NVidia Quadro2 Pro card that I have (SVideo output), and in trying to get that to work using an adapter, I also had no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Lyt

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Matrox G400 TV Out under Gutsy

There's a guy at http://matrox.tuxx-home.at who's a wizard with this stuff.
    This item has not yet been configured

Beans

Re: Matrox G400 TV Out under Gutsy

Thanks, clubsoda. I'll check out the link.

Lyt