Thread: Urban Terror problems

Beans

Angry Urban Terror problems

Hi,

I have recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my home box, and I experienced some problems with urban terror 4.0.
    After a few minutes the game switches from full-screen mode to windowed mode. After that it doesn't accept any keyboard or mouse input! Only I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Backspace ...
    The second problem is that the game is much smoother under gentoo, however I use older kernel and nvidia driver under gentoo than under ubuntu!

I have tried these on an another machine, and I expreienced the same problems.

Any idea? Have the same problem?

Beans

Re: Urban Terror problems

Yup, me and at least one other guy (so probably more people too) have experienced the same problem.

The fix is quite simple: disable Compiz before running the game. Apart from running a bit faster it's guranteed to stop this fullscreen to windowed-lock-up-the-system thing from happening. At least I've never had it happen after doing so.

You can disable compiz by pressing Alt+F2 and typing in

metacity --replace

and re-enable it using

compiz --replace

afterwards. There are other ways to disable Compiz automatically, or you could just make some launchers on the panel which run these commands. Either way, that's your problem.
    Last edited by FG123; November 5th, 2007 at 01:14 PM.

Beans

Thank You, I will try it at home.
    And what about the smoothness? When I turn around in the game, it is like an old 10 FPS movie, however the average FPS is between 50 and 90.
    May be I should build a custom kernel ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

try disabling your screensaver, or just set it to where it wont come on 2 hours.