Thread: Stuck up in "Installing the base system"

Beans

Unhappy Stuck up in "Installing the base system"

hi,

this is my 3rd attempt of installing ubunti using wubi and still got no luck. im stuck in "Installing the base system" around 6%

got this :
    Jun 4 14:04:27 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for migration-assistant
    Jun 4 14:04:28 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for console-setup-udeb
    Jun 4 14:04:28 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for migration-assistant
    Jun 4 14:04:28 INFO: Menu item 'base-installer' selected
    Jun 4 14:04:28 apt-install: Unexpected error; skipped processing of: console-setup
    Jun 4 14:04:28 base-installer: apt-install or in-target is already running, so you cannot run either of
    Jun 4 14:04:28 base-installer: them again until the other instance finishes. You may be able to use
    Jun 4 14:04:28 base-installer: 'chroot /target...' instead.
    help me please!

thanks,
    zappazzi
    Last edited by zappazzi; June 4th, 2007 at 11:32 AM.

Beans

Re: Stuck up in "Installing the base system"

still got errors.

additional info:

im using the latest Wubi-7.04-test3
    HD: Seagate. NTFS

Beans

Hmm never seen that before, can it be that the ISO is corrupted, you may want to download it again or try a different Ubuntu desktop

Beans

try different ubuntu desktop? what do u mean? sorry but im newbie linux user.

is ubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386 supported by Wubi test3?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zappazzi View Post
    try different ubuntu desktop? what do u mean? sorry but im newbie linux user.

is ubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386 supported by Wubi test3?
    Nope you need to download ubuntu-7.04-alternate-i386.iso (http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/ubun...rnate-i386.iso )

Other desktops are Xubuntu / Kubuntu / UbuntuStudio... You need the equivalent ALTERNATE ISO.

Place the ISO in the same folder where you have wubi and select the matching desktop in the settings dialog. You can also have wubi to download the ISO for you but that might be slower.

Beans

k thanks i will download it again.

Beans

ago,

i tried installing the newly downloaded ubuntu alternate iso(i also check the iso image with md5sum to make sure it is correct.) once again but still got the errors.

Jun 4 21:34:07 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for migration-assistant
    Jun 4 21:34:08 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for console-setup-udeb
    Jun 4 21:34:08 main-menu[32406]: INFO: Falling back to the package description for migration-assistant
    Jun 4 21:34:08 INFO: Menu item 'base-installer' selected
    Jun 4 21:34:08 apt-install: Unexpected error; skipped processing of: console-setup
    Jun 4 21:34:08 base-installer: apt-install or in-target is already running, so you cannot run either of
    Jun 4 21:34:08 base-installer: them again until the other instance finishes. You may be able to use
    Jun 4 21:34:08 base-installer: 'chroot /target...' instead.

here's my setup:
    i have 2 harddisks. my Windows OS is in Harddisk(A) and im installing the ubuntu using Wubi in Harddisk(B). is it ok? or will it is necessary to install ubuntu on the same harddisk?

regards,
    zappazzi

Beans

Try A and see if it makes a difference, let it run for a bit. I will double check tonight on my side.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    Try A and see if it makes a difference, let it run for a bit. I will double check tonight on my side.
    hi there ago,

yes i got the same errors. i let it run for 3 hours but still stuck at base system installation.

regards,
    zappazzi