Goals for 2007!
I wanted to start a thread to discuss some of our team goals.
These are a few things I would like to see:
Spreading Ubuntu - Ubuntu Activism
This is a suggested list from the Ubuntu wiki:
- Attend conferences near you and hand out Ubuntu CDs. See UbuntuAtConferences for more information.
- Carry CDs with you at all times!
- Organize installfests.
- Collect local success stories (e.g., case studies of organisations that are using Ubuntu) and submit them to Canonical for inclusion in a new website section of success stories.
- Start an UbuntuFriendlyHardwareSuppliers initiative
- Sign up for Software Freedom Day, 16 September 2006 and help promote free software and Ubuntu!
- Beer drinking
- Lectures by local and international developers/community members
Becoming an approved LoCo Team
Becomming an approved team will make us eligible for certain benefits such as marketing materials, discounts or possibilities. An approved team is also considered officially by the Ubuntu project.
What we need to work on:
- Road map- Do you have an idea of what you want to achieve and which projects the group should work on?
This is one area I would like to discuss. What projects would we like to tackle?
Our contributions as a team, and individually will be documented on wiki page.
- Experience - What have you done so far? Have you done any advocacy, translations, exhibitions, support or other activities?
Inter LoCo Team Collaboration
There are projects our neighboring teams, and the Columbus Team are working on that would be beneficial to everyone. Keep an eye out for opportunities for us to collaborate.
These are just a few things to start the discussion with.
Please share any thoughts you have!
Last edited by Vorian; November 26th, 2006 at 03:11 AM.