Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mounting problem.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Beans
    3

    Mounting problem.

    I am having this problem since installing 14.04.

    Here's the line I entered into my fstab:
    Code:
    UUID=xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx  /media/wd4tb ext4 defaults 0 0
    Naturally, the xxx in the example are the real numbers of the drive.

    When I boot, the drive shows up on the left hand side, but dropbox and my copy app can't see it until I open it in Nautilus.

    Any ideas why?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Mounting problem.

    Post moved to its own thread.

    Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Mounting problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by shields2 View Post
    I am having this problem since installing 14.04.

    Here's the line I entered into my fstab:
    Code:
    UUID=xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx  /media/wd4tb ext4 defaults 0 0
    Naturally, the xxx in the example are the real numbers of the drive.

    When I boot, the drive shows up on the left hand side, but dropbox and my copy app can't see it until I open it in Nautilus.

    Any ideas why?

    Thanks!
    What does the terminal output when you reboot, and run
    Code:
    sudo mount -a
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff || SandyDNET
    Twitter: @CatchesAStar | Last.fm
    So don't be ashamed to wear your crown, you're a king you're a queen inside and out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Beans
    3

    Re: Mounting problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    What does the terminal output when you reboot, and run
    Code:
    sudo mount -a
    It asks for my password and then returns this:
    Code:
    myusername@thepciuse:~$ sudo mount -a
    [sudo] password for myusername: 
    myusername@thepciuse:~$
    (yes -- i did reboot before typing this.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Mounting problem.

    Try running
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
    sudo chown username:username /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
    And using the following fstab
    Code:
    UUID=xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx  /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx ext4 defaults 0 0
    Where username is your username
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff || SandyDNET
    Twitter: @CatchesAStar | Last.fm
    So don't be ashamed to wear your crown, you're a king you're a queen inside and out

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Beans
    3

    Re: Mounting problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    Try running
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
    sudo chown username:username /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
    And using the following fstab
    Code:
    UUID=xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx  /media/username/xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx ext4 defaults 0 0
    Where username is your username
    This seems to have done the trick!

    Thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •