Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    3

    Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    Since upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10 32bit, after a few seconds of opening XBMC, it freezes briefly and then sends me back to the OS logon screen. If I log back in without rebooting, it will do the same thing no matter what I'm doing, regardless of opening XBMC. Obviously I've tried uninstalling/re-installing umpteen times. I found similar articles about being logged off but none of them had to do with XBMC. I tried their resolution steps anyway, but without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    3

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    Come on Ubuntu community! 118 views and no response(s)?!? I really don't want to re-install the OS.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    236

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    Quote Originally Posted by sirclescratch View Post
    Since upgrading from 13.04 to 13.10 32bit, after a few seconds of opening XBMC, it freezes briefly and then sends me back to the OS logon screen. If I log back in without rebooting, it will do the same thing no matter what I'm doing, regardless of opening XBMC. Obviously I've tried uninstalling/re-installing umpteen times. I found similar articles about being logged off but none of them had to do with XBMC. I tried their resolution steps anyway, but without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would upgrade to 14.04 the other day i had 13.10 installed then i installed XBMC and the mouse did no move right in XBMC so i couldn't use it,i upgraded to 14.04 and mouse started work right.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Beans
    1,949
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    14.04 will not be released until April and may break easily.

    @frank18, Interesting fix for your problem.
    UsingTheTerminal

    Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Beans
    11,475
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    It's not so much that it "logs you off" or "sends you back to the login screen". What's actually happening is that the X server has crashed, which brings down all your graphical programs. Then X is automatically restarted, and the first thing X does is display the login screen.

    What's your graphics card and what graphics driver are you using?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    3

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    I've actually desided to just do a clean install of 13.10 since I was starting to have other issues as well. So far, good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    236

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    14.04 will not be released until April and may break easily.

    @frank18, Interesting fix for your problem.

    Well i updated from 13.10 to 14.04 and so far my system has been perfect,so till it brakes i'm happy and it fixed all issues i had with 13.10. and it's only a few days away from Lts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    236

    Re: Ubuntu logs out after a few seconds of opening XBMC

    Quote Originally Posted by sirclescratch View Post
    I've actually desided to just do a clean install of 13.10 since I was starting to have other issues as well. So far, good.

    if you have problems with xbmc with 13.10 just upgrade to 14.10 just as i did, do this.



    http://itsfoss.com/upgrade-ubuntu-1404-beta-1310/

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •