Thread: US Treaty with 12 other Countries contains Internet Censorship SOPA in it

Beans

US Treaty with 12 other Countries contains Internet Censorship SOPA in it

Hi, I am new to this Forum and I don't know how many Linux Ubuntu users have heard about The Trans Pacific Partnership Treaty which the US and 12 other countries are Planning on Signing but this Treaty contains Internet Censorship Bill SOPA in it and President Obama and some Government officials are planning on Fast Tracking this Treaty which means NO AMENDMENTS PASS THE TREATY AS IS, and if they do the internet will be silenced FOR GOOD, because this Treaty is sneaking Internet Censorship bill SOPA and in Government once a Treaty NOT A Congressional bill is agreed upon especially with 12 different countries IT CANNOT BE OVERTURNED.

Please read these links in regards to the Trans Pacific Partnership and how it will silence the internet with SOPA in it and FREE SPEECH:

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/open...net-censorship

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10...n_4039357.html

Here are some video's in regard to the Trans Pacific Partnership and SOPA contained in the Treaty from YOUTUBE:

http://youtu.be/VYvMwvZh0Ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMwvZh0Ag

http://youtu.be/8rRfNCPYERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRfNCPYERE

This should matter heavily to Linux Users because we have always tried to keep are operating system and are Internet free, sadly many big businesses and Government want to stop the Free and Open internet and if the Trans Pacific Partnership or better known as the TPP passes Congress and signed into law by President Obama who favors the Treaty, the internet as we know it will NO LONGER EXIST.

There are things you can do about it.

1st and foremost call Congress and Washington at 2022243121 and tell them NO to Fast Track which will allow this Treaty to have NO AMENDMENTS and also tell them HELL NO TO THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP as well as call Oregon Democrat Senator Ron Wyden and California Democrat Congresswoman Zoe Lorgren and tell them to push hard to put a block on the Trans Pacific Partnership. When SOPA came up in the Senate. Senator Ron Wyden put a Block on the bill that would only be allowed to go through if 60 votes passed in the Senate. Senator Wyden is the reason SOPA did not get through faster, considering he has another block to put in the Senate this year MAYBE SENATOR WYDEN CAN DO IT AGAIN

Oregon Democrat Senator Ron Wyden:

Phone Number (CALL) (202) 224-5244

California Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, she was a great help in stopping SOPA, perhaps she will do so again:

Phone Number (CALL)
    (202) 225-3072

Plus please sign these 2 petitions below: One is from the Electronic Frontier Foundation that has been fighting the hardest to keep the internet free for all:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/1...nd-spread-word

EFF's Petition also contains video's to share with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to let them know how bad the Trans Pacific Partnership Internet Censorship bill ill be.

Fight for the future another group that cares about FREEDOM ON THE INTERNET ALSO HAS A PETITION, Please sign it:

https://openmedia.org/Censorship

People please be aware that after December 3rd 2013 THIS TREATY WILL BE SIGNED AND SENT TO CONGRESS TO BE FAST TRACKED THROUGH, Don't wait, if the Trans Pacific Partnership passes SOPA is law of 12 countries including America. In Government a Treaty is binding and the only way to have it reversed is to go to international NO AMERICAN COURT so even Google could not file a lawsuit as easy and forums like this can be blocked from Search Engines and Shut Down for just having a picture of Mickey Mouse, why because Disney owns the rights to Mickey Mouse and you the poster who posted the picture COULD BE SUED. As well your own e-mail can have DEEP POCKET INSPECTIONS if the Trans Pacific Partnership Treaty passes Congress and is signed into law, Your e-mail's, Facebook pages will be spied upon and international court will make it all legal and the Treaty will override the US Constitution. There are other things the TPP will damage including Job Wages, NO LONGER MADE IN THE USA ON YOUR FOOD PRODUCTS SO YOU WON'T KNOW WHICH COUNTRY MADE YOUR FOOD, Getting Cheaper Generic Drugs, Countries suing other countries for saying there countries get paid less for the same work you are doing at whatever job you have, therefore you will have to take a pay cut. There is plenty the TPP will do to America YET Corporate owned Media like CNN Time Warner Owned and Newscorp Fox News will not report on the TPP because they have a seat and money on the table for the Trans Pacific Partnership and they want Congress to fast track and Ram it through, DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN. 2022243121 call the number tell the operatop your Zip Code and tell your Senators and Representatives **NO TO THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP**. THANKS
    Last edited by cariboo907; October 11th, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Normalize hard to read font formatting

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: US Treaty with 12 other Countries contains Internet Censorship SOPA in it

closed for review
    Moved to Linux/OS Chat
    Last edited by sandyd; October 11th, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    So don't be ashamed to wear your crown, you're a king you're a queen inside and out

Beans
    Distro

I consider this to be political, especially as the OP has registered on this forum for the express purpose of encouraging a political campaign. If you allow too much of this kind of thing I will consider boycotting this forum.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

grahammechanical, I have to agree with you, I feel the same.

Beans
    Distro

Marconi tried to corner the market. Didn't work. Micky Mouse is a fantasy character. With a caveat, it can't be copyrighted. The vibrations from my speaker in the form of music belong to me because I allow them to enter my premises. There is no copyright law anywhere that prohibits the recording of free noise (and thats what most music is coming from my speakers).

There was a big dispute with Walt Disney and Robin Willimas about his voice over in the cartoon fanatsy, Alladin. If a Lyre Bird were to mimic Robin William's voice and it was recorded , what are they going to do ..??? Have Lyre Bird for thanksgiving dinner ... lol

Regards..
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I was going to take the bait, but for once, I am staying out of it!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Closed for staff review.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This thread has been extensively discussed by staff. Bottom line – the overtly political nature of the subject and the direct call to lobby political representatives mean that the original post contravenes the forum Code of Conduct's prohibition on political discussions.

Politics: This topic has caused serious problems in the past, and as such is subject to tight control. Discussion of the politics of open source is permissible within the Ubuntu/Linux and Other OS forum, no other political posting is permitted in any form in any other area of the forum.
    However, there is an important issue affecting open source, which would be a valid topic for discussion. If anyone wishes to start a discussion about how this measure might affect the open source world, they are welcome to start a new thread, but please bear in mind the sub-forum description which you can see at the top of the page here.

This is the place for chat and discussion about any aspect of Ubuntu, Linux or any operating system and its software. Technical support requests should be posted in an appropriate support sub-forum. Discussion of the politics of open source is permissible, but only the politics of open source. Wider political discussion is disallowed in all areas of the forum, as is discussion of religion. As with the Cafe, this area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.