Quote Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
I'm using a ACX111-based Netgear WG311v2 card in Dapper. I found that ndiswrapper is unnecessary UNLESS you are using WPA encryption.

Out of the box, Dapper detects the ACX card and loads the native Linux driver. However, you may need to edit a couple of files to get it to work.

This post tells you how to edit your /etc/network/interfaces file. However, if you still can't see your access point after doing a scan, you may need to change the firmware version that Ubuntu loads (it may not be compatible with your particular card).

This post tells you how to change the firmware version that Ubuntu loads.
Just a quick note of caution on this. I tried to use the above links to get my Linksys ACX111 card working (the lights are on, but nobodys home it seems) and it caused me not to be able to load my desktop after reboot. It just hangs after you hit login.

Anyway, its easy enough to fix if you're familiar with a cl-based text editor such as vim. Just login to the failsafe session and remove the entries that are marked in the above solutions.

I'm sure that there are many people who found the above solution useful, but in my case it was touch and go for a few moments and I hope this little note saves someone some frustration.