Page 947 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 447847897937945946947948949957997 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

still not but spend 95% uptime with ubuntu.

Beans

I'm trying to, but currently qtwebkit in 13.04 is bugged. There goes Mendeley Desktop until it is fixed. Till then, I have to log in to Windows to write my works.

Beans

Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

We switched about 3 years ago, when I found lots of exe files downloaded by my 2 children's innocence and keen experimental behaviour. The anti-virus could not coop. I like the linux approach to home folders and the ability to make my home folder read-only to them. The bi-annual upgrade is also attactive, although the 12.10 upgrade caused problems for both laptop (slow) and desktop (initial graphics problems). My wife still uses a windows based laptop.

Ubuntu was the easiest to start and pick up. It was a dual boot system for 1 year or so, but then Windows developed booting problems and I've not launched it for a year or so. My children are fluent on Unity and use windows at school.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Still dual boot: Ubuntu Studio n Win8...
    but hav forgotten the Win8 password...

Ubuntu is the way of life, i like it...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

My (ex) boyfriend installed Linux on my computer some 15 yrs ago. I have never looked back since then!

I still have windows out there somewhere in my system y'konw just in case - but never, ever use it!

Actually, I can't quite understand why on Earth would anyone want to use bad products such as those sold by Microsoft? They don't work properly, they're expensive, they're the result of heavy advertising and marketing (brain-washing, really), not to mention their big, big privacy issues (think; the recent PRISM scandal).

Microsoft actively particpates in a massive US based spying program (targeting non-US residents), literally gathering your personal online data and willingly handing it to the US authorities - do you really want to pay them for anything now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Beautymist View Post
    My (ex) boyfriend installed Linux on my computer some 15 yrs ago. I have never looked back since then!
    I installed Linux on my girlfriend's machine 7 years ago and she's hardly looked back, too!
    I still have windows out there somewhere in my system y'know just in case - but never, ever use it!
    Yes, I only use it for the rare case when I have to run software made to run on it. The most recent time was about six months ago when I used a cheap ($7.99) video-capture card to make a DVD from someone's VHS home video recording.
    I can't quite understand why on Earth would anyone want to use bad products such as those sold by Microsoft? They don't work properly, they're expensive, they're the result of heavy advertising and marketing (brain-washing, really), not to mention their big, big privacy issues (think; the recent PRISM scandal).
    I don't know what PRISM is, but sometimes Microsoft Windows has a way of being the easy/best way to do a particular task. Like play some game bought at Fred Meyer or use something like Office '97

Microsoft actively particpates in a massive US based spying program (targeting non-US residents)
    Which one?

Beans

hello there,
    passing by I thought I should say I've installed lubuntu 13.04 on two machines here and so far so good family members are sold on it.
    No Windows OS in our home for now.

Beans

i inswtalled 12.04 on 1 laptop about 1 wk ago still messin with it. It seem pretty good so far but like i said still trying to tweak it so it works for me.

Beans

In your dreams. Linux is limited to play. If I really want to do some work I must use windows or mac to do so. Some of the programming I use cannot be started in Linux. None of the OS's completely cover everything.

Beans

I use Ubuntu as my main operating system with several desktop environments. The best thing about linux is that I've always got a choice

Page 947 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 447847897937945946947948949957997 ... LastLast