Thread: Skype and Google Music conflict

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Skype and Google Music conflict

I don't think this has been posted previously, so apologies if it has.
    Ubuntu 13.04
    64-bit
    All packages latest version
    So I installed Skype on Ubuntu 13.04; then I went to install Google Music shortly afterwards. There appears to be some kind of conflict in verisons of dependent libraries or some jazz like that, as the two cannot be installed side by side.
    It worked perfectly fine in 12.10, so I'm presuming something has changed from either one version to another, or either of the applications has received an update, resulting in some library conflicts.

Anyone else having a similar problem and, if so, did you find a fix?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Ratscallion; May 24th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
    Ubuntu 13.04, 64-bit.
    Computer of choice (well, that wasn't available, so I'm using this instead): 1.86Ghz Dual Core; 2GB RAM; 200GB HDD.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Skype and Google Music conflict

What was the error message? I can't recreate the problem, because Google has not made Music available in Canada.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Skype and Google Music conflict

Quote Originally Posted by gordintoronto View Post
    What was the error message? I can't recreate the problem, because Google has not made Music available in Canada.
    I just uninstalled Skype and went to install Google Music first. That installs fine, but then Skype gives dependency issues.
    It appears as though one package requires a library to be one version while another requires it to be a different version.
    Skype requires libssl1.0.0:1386.
    Oddly, whether something has changed in the last two days, doing Google Music first thenSkype results in a perfectly fine install for both applications.
    Ubuntu 13.04, 64-bit.
    Computer of choice (well, that wasn't available, so I'm using this instead): 1.86Ghz Dual Core; 2GB RAM; 200GB HDD.