Thread: How to move close and other title buttons to the right side of the title bar ?

Beans

How to move close and other title buttons to the right side of the title bar ?

how to change title bar colors also ? they are too dark for me
    and also may be some new methods exist to change whole windows themes instead of dead gnome-theme-manager ? (afaik gnome-tweak-tool is t(00)weak there are many packages like gnome-themes, gnome-themes-extra, but how to use them ? or don't they belong to classic, but to gnome 3 ?

ubuntu 11.10, gnome classic

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: How to move close and other title buttons to the right side of the title bar ?

in gconf-editor go to apps-> metacity -> general and set the button_layout to something like "menu:minimize,maximize,close"

Beans

Re: How to move close and other title buttons to the right side of the title bar ?

Thanks a lot !
    May be you know something about how to change also the form of this buttons - after some experiments with g-tweak-tool they are surrounded by gray smooth rectangular block, and I can't remember how to change them back to round. Or may be some reference to resource where questions like this are covered: I also interested in titlebar color and other theming (metacity/general only covers titlebar font aspect). Now my windows are a strange composite things: white titlebar, dark menus, smooth gray-colored rectangular block of buttons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You may want to try Ubuntu tweak or gnome tweak.
    Linux: Just GNU it.

Beans

yes, gnome-tweak-tool is the thing that frustrated me and made this ugly square buttons
    may be I'll try ubuntu tweak, but I suddenly began to understand that I have to investigate what really are gnome shell, gnome 3, what difference with "classic gnome" and why gnome-theme-manager is dead.
    Can anybody help me in this studies - show the easiest and shortest way what happens during this three years while I live secluded in my ubuntu 8.10 ?

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

In order to change the themes in Gnome 3 you need to install the gnome-shell-extensions-user-theme package and then enable it in the tweak tool.
    You then can download/install/use gnome3 themes.

Beans

How to do that in Ubuntu 12.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.