When trying to install Lucid on my HP Compaq 6710b (INTEL Mobile GM965/960 graphic controller) using the alternate i386cd with an usb pen i (re-)experiencing (known from the Jaunty installation) the following problem:
The screen wents to black, but system seems not froozen. What i've tried to fix this issue:
- Boot from USB (works)
- Select language (works)
- Choose to install ubuntu (works)
- Removing quit from the boot options, hit enter, see some output (works)
- Starting the installation interface (fail)
Anyone managed to install Lucids with INTEL graphics + the alternate cd?
- fb=false as bootoption (worked in jaunty, does not work with lucid)
- vga=123, tried all of the offered modes
- vga=771 (get some screwed up output on the screen, which i guess from that the system/machine is not frozen)
- xforcevesa etc
PS: I need the alternate cd to setup an encrypted system.
PPS: Just tested the desktop i386 image which works flawlessly.