Thread: Can terminal commands be run while tethering with Easytether?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can terminal commands be run while tethering with Easytether?

Hi,
    I'm completely new to easytether but the title pretty much says what I need to know. Its odd because some commands will run, some commands won't and some just take some time. At least it seems that way, its fairly random when a command will work or not work.

For example, I'm having some trouble with grub and ran
    Code:
    sudo update grub
    and the first time it didn't run at all, I rebooted and then it ran just fine.

After that I tried to add a repository, it also wouldn't run, but after waiting for about 5 minutes it gave me an error.
    I'm just not sure whats going on with it.

Sorry for the long post and thank you very much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Can terminal commands be run while tethering with Easytether?

just open a new tab with <ctrl> <alt> T or through the menu bar. The problem you will encounter is that the free version of easytether will not do HTTPS so you wont be able to connect to any repositories. Unless you buy easytether or find some other work around.
    zealibib slaughter is a dwarven paladin of ill temperment played by a fat man of jolly temperment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can terminal commands be run while tethering with Easytether?

Quote Originally Posted by zealibib slaughter View Post
    just open a new tab with <ctrl> <alt> T or through the menu bar. The problem you will encounter is that the free version of easytether will not do HTTPS so you wont be able to connect to any repositories. Unless you buy easytether or find some other work around.
    Wow I feel really dumb. I should have thought of the fact that it can't access https. Thats pretty much the only thing I knew about easytether to begin with.

Thank you