Thread: Ralink RT5390 WPA2 Enterprise connection issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Ralink RT5390 WPA2 Enterprise connection issues

Hi there,

I have a HP G62 with a Ralink 5390 wifi card. However i got few issues.

First one is that i cannot connect to my eduroam network at my school. Using the settings i get provided by eduroam NetworkManager just tries to connect and then de-auths me with the reason local choice 3. And then asks for password again and it keeps doing that round and round.

When it asks me about a certificate i just press ignore since I know that their network does not need it. However I tried their open un-encrypted network and i got issues connecting to it too with the same error. Retries 3 times then fails, times out and then the local choice 3 error.

I also got power issues with the card and running with power off setting in iwconfig. It also cannot connect to a network if it fails couple of times and i need to enable/disable with rfkill/button

Tried talking with the IT-Techs at the University but they have no idea why my card does what it does and im guesing this is a driver issue or a NetworkManager bug.

Im running latest Ubuntu 12.10, had this issue under Arch Linux aswell if that helps you something.

If you have any idea what i can do to fix this issue or atleast workaround it please tell. I also tried TP LINK nano usb wifi, it can connect to the open network at the school but only if i insert it after booting up and it will do it only once, any other tries it enters the endless loop of connecting/disconnected thing.

Best Regards

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: Ralink RT5390 WPA2 Enterprise connection issues

not a soul?

Beans

Re: Ralink RT5390 WPA2 Enterprise connection issues

I have the same problem.

Beans
    Distro

Hm still nothing, lurked the webs and irc channels but still no solution to this...

Beans
    Distro

Have you tried WiCD after uninstalling Network Manager? That has worked for some people though I don't know specifically about the RT5390. Will the RT5390 connect to an unsecured network? Another thought though not optimum would be a USB adapter known to work.