Thread: how to remove previous installation

Beans

how to remove previous installation

Hi all!
    I am trying to install ubuntu 12.10 by vitual drive(iso file). In the install process, I choose help me boot from cd. I got an error " A previous installtion was detect in G:\ubuntu. Please uninstall that before continuing". My trouble is that I deleted this partition. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: how to remove previous installation

I am trying to install ubuntu 12.10 by vitual drive(iso file). In the install process, I choose help me boot from cd. I got an error " A previous installtion was detect in G:\ubuntu. Please uninstall that before continuing". My trouble is that I deleted this partition. What should I do to solve this problem?
    Did you reformat that partition that you deleted?
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: how to remove previous installation

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenabcd View Post
    A previous installtion was detect in G:\ubuntu. Please uninstall that before continuing
    Sounds like a windows drive letter, so I assume this was a wubi install. They don't need a partition of their own, but you made one anyway. I don't know much about Windows (stopped using it five years ago) and never tried a wubi install myself, but somewhere in windows the presence of Ubuntu must still be registered. I think there must be an uninstaller somewhere.

If you want a full installation on a partition of its own, you'll have to burn the iso and boot from it.