Thread: Chromium doesn't start in NX session

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Post Chromium doesn't start in NX session

So here's my setup. Pretty simple, I'm accessing my laptop at home over an SSH session, which is also used by NOMachine's NX server. This works fine and there's no issue there. I just noticed in the last couple of days that while I'm logged in over this NX session, I can't use Chromium. When I click over the icon, it starts the animation like it's loading... and than... nothing.
    Where should I search for logging information to give me a clue what is going on? I checked /var/log/syslog, but I couldn't find anything related to Chromium. Any ideas?
    Registered Linux User #534948

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Post Re: Chromium doesn't start in NX session

All right... so I did start the Chromium browser from terminal. Here's the error I get:
    [15987:15987:0128/115613:ERROR:gl_surface_linux.cc(58)] GLSurfaceGLX::InitializeOneOff failed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Post Re: Chromium doesn't start in NX session

It turned out that this is because I had another X session left open where there was already an instance of Chromium. For both sessions (the NX session and the X session) I was using the same user name. So actually when I was starting Chromium from the NX session, it was opening in the normal X session. Solved.