Thread: Wireless internet disconnecting.

Beans

Question Wireless internet disconnecting.

Hi there, Sorry if there is another thread for this but I was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I have a Dell n5050 running Ubuntu 12.04.01 LTS. All is well other than when I try to download larger files i.e a music album my wireless always disconnects part way through the download and will not re-connect unless I restart my modem/router... Any ideas why?
    Thanks!

Beans

Re: Wireless internet disconnecting.

Maybe your router just cannot handle heavy traffic? I had a DLink router once that wound hang every 15 minutes whenever I used torrents to d/l something.

Beans

Post Re: Wireless internet disconnecting.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy_ View Post
    Maybe your router just cannot handle heavy traffic? I had a DLink router once that wound hang every 15 minutes whenever I used torrents to d/l something.
    Well I have a Virgin Media Super Hub, surely that should handle heavy traffic? The thing i find strange is that I use a Xbox 360 through wireless and I never have any trouble with that? Although I have read about people running into trouble with the wireless capabilities.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wireless internet disconnecting.

Try to use pure WPA2-AES encryption, a fixed channel and not hiding the network.

Beans

Talking Re: Wireless internet disconnecting.

Quote Originally Posted by praseodym View Post
    Try to use pure WPA2-AES encryption, a fixed channel and not hiding the network.
    Hi, I have changed the things you mentioned and it would appear that it has done the trick!! Downloaded three random albums at once with no problems and normally it disconnected downloading one... Thanks for the help! I was kinda starting to feel like this smilie - Your help is appreciated!