Thread: Linux Mint Julia: Can't update Repository and install software

Beans

Unhappy Linux Mint Julia: Can't update Repository and install software

I,m using Onkyo Netbook and after installation Linux mint Julia; can't update repository by Main Server or others Server. stop at 123 upddate -----

At Terminal ; same

Still no new softwre were installed.

I;m using Banglalion WiFi and Broadband net.

Beans

Re: Linux Mint Julia: Can't update Repository and install software

Well,this is not Ubuntu question,but any way...you are using unsupported version and that is why you can not get updates.Try with new version of Mint.Or maybe Ubuntu?!
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

To help us help you, next time please just copy the text from the terminal to a support request. That way we can copy bits of it (like the URLs) and have a look or Google with it easily, without having to type it from your screenshot. You can copy text to/from the terminal, see its Edit menu.

But yes, Linux Mint 10 is based on Ubuntu 10.10 and both have been obsoleted and reached end of life since April 2012. Recommend you upgrade to a newer release, if you want to install software.

If you were using the main edition, with GNOME 2, you will probably like the MATE edition of Linux Mint. Either Linux Mint 13 MATE, the current long-term support release (supported till April 2017), or Linux Mint 14 MATE, the latest release with the newest software (supported till April 2014).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

In Ubuntu it is possible to point the sources to the old releases repository so you can still apt-get install software that was part of that particular version including all updates up till the EOL date. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOLUpgrades Maybe this can be applied to Linux Mint as well? I have tried this with Xubuntu 7.10 in the past and it worked great. It is still better to reinstall a newer, supported, version.

Beans

That's a good suggestion, but I wouldn't recommend it for a GNOME 2 based installation. With those packages not being in the newer release, sooner rather than later you will end up with dependency problems and probably broken packages

Beans

Thank U boss, well done. Lastly install LMDE 201204 cinnamon in my netbook. and update done.