Thread: Can't Install GNOME Extensions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can't Install GNOME Extensions

I'm using GNOME Shell and up until recently I could install extensions fine using https://extensions.gnome.org/

But now I can't seem to install any. If I click on the slider to install one, it switches to "On" but there is no confirmation to install and it doesn't install.

I can install extensions if I can find them on GitHub and download as a .zip and install through Advanced Settings - but there are rarely links to manual installs.

Any ideas as to a fix? I saw somewhere to reinstall gnome-common, but that didn't fix it.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Can't Install GNOME Extensions

What browser are you using? It has to be Firefox and you should check in its plugin section that the gnome extensions plugin is functioning. Also, since I used noscript, I had to disable some of its protections to make it work.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vexorian View Post
    What browser are you using? It has to be Firefox and you should check in its plugin section that the gnome extensions plugin is functioning. Also, since I used noscript, I had to disable some of its protections to make it work.
    I've tried using Chrome, Firefox and Ubuntu's "Web", neither of them work.

I wasn't aware there was a plugin ... I've never had one before. Could you point me to it?

Beans
    Distro

Web is Gnome's little browser not ubuntu's :/

Well, in order to install extensions through extensions.gnome.org GNOME uses a web browser plugin. So go to your browser's plugin manager and make sure the ""GNOME Shell Integration" plugin is intalled.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vexorian View Post
    Web is Gnome's little browser not ubuntu's :/

Well, in order to install extensions through extensions.gnome.org GNOME uses a web browser plugin. So go to your browser's plugin manager and make sure the ""GNOME Shell Integration" plugin is intalled.
    I can't find that anywhere on the Firefox Extensions site. If you mean Ubuntu Firefox Modifications, I did have that installed but it was disabled.

So, I enabled it, but still no luck.

I even tried installing previous versions of Firefox back to 13.0 but to no avail.

Beans

I second this issue.

Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 2.6 is enabled in my Firefox Extensions. I thought that maybe they had taken the ability to browser-install extensions offline for maintenance, but it has been a couple of days and I've found quite a few people with this same issue...

Brand spanking new installation of Gnome, no modifications.