Thread: Ubuntu Will Not Allow Me to Set Multiple Monitors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ubuntu Will Not Allow Me to Set Multiple Monitors

I am running Ubuntu 12.10. I have two displays on my computer: the builtin screen of the laptop and a television attached through HDMI. I go into the Displays setup panel and turn off mirroring, but when I attempt to apply the configuration I get the message:

required virtual size does not fit available size: requested=(2560, 768), minimum=(320, 200), maximum=(1600, 1600)

How do I change the maximum?

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Ubuntu Will Not Allow Me to Set Multiple Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by jcobban View Post
    I am running Ubuntu 12.10. I have two displays on my computer: the builtin screen of the laptop and a television attached through HDMI. I go into the Displays setup panel and turn off mirroring, but when I attempt to apply the configuration I get the message:

required virtual size does not fit available size: requested=(2560, 768), minimum=(320, 200), maximum=(1600, 1600)

How do I change the maximum?
    When I looked at the specified maximum I realized that if I stacked the 2 monitors one on top of the other, rather than side by side, they would fit within the specified maximum dimension. So I got this to work without changing the maximum.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu Will Not Allow Me to Set Multiple Monitors

Way to think outside the screen
    Please & Thank You