Page 2145 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1145164520452095213521432144214521462147215521952245 ... LastLast
Results 21,441 to 21,450 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@ Petro Dawg

This doesn't quite fit....
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

This fits the case in point...
    What's Awesome? Perto Dawg's Weather Conky Is Awesome

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ Petro Dawg

This doesn't quite fit....

This fits the case in point...
    What's Awesome? Petro Dawg's Weather Conky Is Awesome
    Thanks. After a second look at it this morning I found I didn't like my weather icon "squished", and the divider between the conditions text and icon made it harder to distinguish which icon belonged to which day when the display was arranged vertically.

After a little more work, the days can be arranged in any manner with clarity. Also did some more aesthetic alterations to "balance" the display. I rather like having each day assigned to its own Conky, so that any particular day can be moved to a different location. I'll probably end up with the current conditions on my primary monitor and the extended forecast on a second.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I'll probably end up with the current conditions on my primary monitor and the extended forecast on a second.
    So it's now six conkys? That's a neat concept! And here I thought you moved them just so you could see her legs.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

So it's now six conkys? That's a neat concept! And here I thought you moved them just so you could see her legs.
    That's just one of those unintended benefits.

There's actually 7 (one is invisible); the weather alert message is blank where there are no alerts issued. Its on the top center of the screen.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 13th, 2013 at 09:31 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    That's just one of those unintended benefits.

There's actually 7 (one is invisible); the weather alert message is blank where there are no alerts issued. Its on the top center of the screen.
    "unintended benefits" is that what they call it these days.

Hey, you're using cFWU maybe you'd like to try something. That is the original conkyForecast.

OpenBox has weather as well:
    A bit chilly up there!

Beans

I'm still trying to get my own conkyweather set up, and again its failing but I cant see why. This is the error report that its shown in the terminal;-
    Code:
    Code:
    [boztu:Mon Jan 14 02:53:49 @~]$ [1183]>; !1178
    python /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    using cPickle
    conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2
    installLocation = /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather
    no pull yet

timeDifference = 1358132474.02
    pulling data
    geolookup/conditions/forecast10day/hourly/astronomy/alerts/history_20130114
    Pulling -- WU Data -- Location = pws:IKENTMAI10
    Pulling -- Intellicast Data
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 1016, in <module>
        conkyWeather()
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 334, in conkyWeather
        intellicastData = intellicastForecast(webData)
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 859, in intellicastForecast
        return [day0,day1,day2,day3,day4,day5,day6,day7,day8,day9]
    NameError: name 'day0' is not defined
    As can be seen its failing in the 'Intellicast Data'but I cant see why. I've looked at all the places where I have to input data into the config files, and they all seem right. Can anybody please help me to get it working right please?

Thanks,
    Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by boudiccas View Post
    I'm still trying to get my own conkyweather set up, and again its failing but I cant see why. This is the error report that its shown in the terminal;-
    As can be seen its failing in the 'Intellicast Data'but I cant see why. I've looked at all the places where I have to input data into the config files, and they all seem right. Can anybody please help me to get it working right please?

Thanks,
    Sharon.
    What do you have on line 246 after configuration?
    It looks like this before you setup the script.
    Code:
    intellicast_url = "Intellicast URL" # extended forcast url for intellicast.com
    If your intellicast url is for the wrong page or the page has a different layout in your area you can get that error because the code fails to parse the page.
    Building Conky | iCalendar Conky | Weather Script | Background List
    Intel Core i7-2600K - 3.40GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 8GB RAM - 1866 MHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

"unintended benefits" is that what they call it these days.

Hey, you're using cFWU maybe you'd like to try something. That is the original conkyForecast.

OpenBox has weather as well:
    A bit chilly up there!
    I bookmarked this page with your links and hopefully I will remember to look at it during my next break. It looks interesting, but it'll take time for me to figure it out.

I start my next semester tomorrow and will have to put Conky aside again for a while. I have my dual screen layout completed and changed the email indicator to only show accounts when they have unread mail to make it easier to spot when a new message has arrived. I didn't like having to focus on the little numbers.

Here's the big picture:

A total of 10 Conkys running (probably not the most system friendly Conky out there).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

arclance - thanks for this, here's the relevant section from the conf file; -
    Code:
    	#### Intellicast variables ####
    	intellicast_url = "http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=UKXX0091" # extended forcast url for intellicast.com
    	#### End Intellicast Variables ####
    which seems to be okay. But there is some reason why its not working, but its beyond me I'm sorry to say.

Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by boudiccas View Post
    arclance - thanks for this, here's the relevant section from the conf file; -
    Code:
        #### Intellicast variables ####
        intellicast_url = "http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=UKXX0091" # extended forcast url for intellicast.com
        #### End Intellicast Variables ####
    which seems to be okay. But there is some reason why its not working, but its beyond me I'm sorry to say.

Sharon.
    You had the wrong view on that page, it needs the "extended forecast" version of the page to work.
    The is the url for that version of your page.
    Code:
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=UKXX0091
    Building Conky | iCalendar Conky | Weather Script | Background List
    Intel Core i7-2600K - 3.40GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 8GB RAM - 1866 MHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Page 2145 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1145164520452095213521432144214521462147215521952245 ... LastLast