Page 2144 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1144164420442094213421422143214421452146215421942244 ... LastLast
Results 21,431 to 21,440 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I totally hosed my system and had to reinstall everything.
    Oh well, I was meaning to clean out some space anyway...

Thanks so much folks.
    Hey Grouchy.

I don't use Google Calendar but there is a whole thread on that app:

Conky Google Calendar Python Script

and I do believe that Mark still monitors it. Sorry but that the only help I have. How is your weather conky?

There are a couple of Gotchas on the first post - look at that second one. That might be a stumbling block.

Other than that ... next user please!

Beans

I'm attempting to set up weather for my conky, using the 'conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.1' script. I've configured it all according to the readme, but when I start the python script it comes up with the following output in the terminal;-
    Code:
    Code:
    python /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    using cPickle
    conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2
    installLocation = /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    no pull yet
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 1016, in <module>
        conkyWeather()
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 262, in conkyWeather
        lastPullBackup = open(logDirectory + "/lastPullBackup.txt", "r") # file for keeping local copy of weather information incase of program/internet errors and to keep track of lastPull if the program is stopped
    IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py/log/lastPullBackup.txt'
    And this is the directory structure with all their files;-
    Code:
    Code:
    /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather:
    conkyrc_conkyWeather_arclance  images  lua
    conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py  log     readme_conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.1.txt

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/images:
    moonicons  weather-icons_VClouds

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/images/moonicons:
    01.png  04.png  07.png  10.png  13.png  16.png  19.png  22.png
    02.png  05.png  08.png  11.png  14.png  17.png  20.png  23.png
    03.png  06.png  09.png  12.png  15.png  18.png  21.png  24.png

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/images/weather-icons_VClouds:
    0.png   14.png  19.png  23.png  28.png  32.png  37.png  41.png  46.png  7.png
    10.png  15.png  1.png   24.png  29.png  33.png  38.png  42.png  47.png  8.png
    11.png  16.png  20.png  25.png  2.png   34.png  39.png  43.png  4.png   9.png
    12.png  17.png  21.png  26.png  30.png  35.png  3.png   44.png  5.png   na.png
    13.png  18.png  22.png  27.png  31.png  36.png  40.png  45.png  6.png

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/log:
    Images              moonStateBackup.txt           wuRadarPullErrorLog.txt
    lastPullBackup.txt  wuRadarPullErrorCountLog.txt

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/log/Images:

/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/lua:
    conkyWeather_arclance.lua  conkyWeather_arclance.lua~
    Please can someone interpret the terminal output and tell me what I should do to get the script running? I've spent several hours getting this set up and am totally at a loss as to what I should do to correct it.

Thanks
    Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by boudiccas View Post
    I'm attempting to set up weather for my conky, using the 'conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.1' script. I've configured it all according to the readme, but when I start the python script it comes up with the following output in the terminal;-
    Code:
    python /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    using cPickle
    conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2
    installLocation = /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    no pull yet
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 1016, in <module>
        conkyWeather()
      File "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py", line 262, in conkyWeather
        lastPullBackup = open(logDirectory + "/lastPullBackup.txt", "r") # file for keeping local copy of weather information incase of program/internet errors and to keep track of lastPull if the program is stopped
    IOError: [Errno 20] Not a directory: '/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py/log/lastPullBackup.txt'
    And this is the directory structure with all their files;-Please can someone interpret the terminal output and tell me what I should do to get the script running? I've spent several hours getting this set up and am totally at a loss as to what I should do to correct it.

Thanks
    Sharon.
    That's because you did not setup the script correctly.
    Code:
     /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py
    is not a directory but the path to the "conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py" file.
    That is why you get a "IOError".
    On line 189 you must have
    Code:
    installLocation = "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py" # location of the conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py file
    but you should have
    Code:
    installLocation = "/home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather" # location of the conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py file
    instead.
    The readme does tell you that this should be a directory.
    Code:
           a. In conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py on line 189

installLocation = "Your Install location here" + "/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.1_2012-09-26" # location of the conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py file

change Your Install location here to the path to the conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.1_2012-09-26 folder created when you extracted the conkyWeather_arclance archive WITHOUT removing the quotation marks.
    Building Conky | iCalendar Conky | Weather Script | Background List
    Intel Core i7-2600K - 3.40GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 8GB RAM - 1866 MHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@Sector11

Thanks - I looked around and then figured out the problem.
    The weather conky is working fine.

Now a question for anyone using Ubuntu 12.04.
    Are you able to change colors in the conky templates that are used in a number of K's scripts?

Code:
     ${color2}
    or
    Code:
     ${color yellow}
    commands only give me text in the conky that is identical to the code I enter in the template. That is I see ${color2} on the screen.
    Last edited by GrouchyGaijin; January 13th, 2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: forgot to mention weather conky status
    Thank you,
    GG -----------

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Many many frustrating sleep deprived hours later I now have a working weather Conky using conkyForecastUW. I had to edit the python script (breaking it at least 10 times in the process) to get the wind directions to display correctly and took a major leap into advancing my Conky codes. It took forever to figure out how to use templates and finally abandon the ConkyWeather font approach (there's just not much info out there; especially for the alpha version of conkyForecastWU I'm using).

I believe I'm running 9 Conky's now using 2 templates; all of which are my personal design. Not to shabby for my first stab at this weather stuff, if I may say so myself.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    @Sector11

Thanks - I looked around and then figured out the problem.
    The weather conky is working fine.

Now a question for anyone using Ubuntu 12.04.
    Are you able to change colors in the conky templates that are used in a number of K's scripts?

Code:
     ${color2}
    or
    Code:
     ${color yellow}
    commands only give me text in the conky that is identical to the code I enter in the template. That is I see ${color2} on the screen.
    I use colour codes in conkyForecast and with ConkyText as well What K' app are you talking about?

To the best of my knowledge that all work with conky commands.
    conkyForecast:
    Code:
     ${time %H:%M} | [--datatype=CN], [--datatype=CO]
     ${color4}[--datatype=CC]${color}
     ${font Zekton:bold:size=11}              ${color3}[--datatype=HT --hideunits]   ${color}[--datatype=LT --hideunits]${font}${image [--datatype=WI] -p 5,30 -s 40x40}${image [--datatype=MI] -p 150,35 -s 40x40}
                    ${color9}[--datatype=HT --startday=0 --hideunits] ${color7}[--datatype=LT --startday=0 --hideunits]
                    ${color3}Hum: ${color}[--datatype=HM --hideunits]
                    ${color3}Vis: ${color}[--datatype=VI]
     ${color3}Wind: ${color}[--datatype=WA]°([--datatype=WD]) ${color3}@ ${color}[--datatype=WS]${color}
     ${color3}UV: ${color}[--datatype=UI] - ${color}[--datatype=UT]
     ${color3}Bar: ${color}[--datatype=BR] - [--datatype=BD]${color}
     ${color8}R:[--datatype=SR]  ${color3}S:[--datatype=SS]   ${color}D:[--datatype=DL]
    ${color4}${hr}${color}
    and old conkyText template so simple it's scary!
    Code:
    ${color0};${color8};${color9};${color3};${color8};${color7}

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I believe I'm running 9 Conky's now using 2 templates; all of which are my personal design. Not to shabby for my first stab at this weather stuff, if I may say so myself.
    Not shabby at all, in fact very unique.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Not shabby at all, in fact very unique.
    Its been 30 minutes since I posted and already changed my moon phase indicator. Hard not to tweak this stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    Its been 30 minutes since I posted and already changed my moon phase indicator. Hard not to tweak this stuff.
    Took you that long huh! I love it!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Took you that long huh! I love it!
    In my defence, half of the time was spent converting a jpeg picture to a png with transparency in GIMP. Otherwise it would have been quicker.

I'm in the process of restructuring the whole thing, it'll be a late night.

Edit:
    It didn't take too long to update it after all, I have "finished" my weather Conky (cleaned up the code significantly). Thank you for all the tips. The example you posted showing how to keep numbers aligned perfectly with "if_match" came in handy to get the wind speed centered on the bearing icon. Links you provided to other posts about "voffset" and "goto" will prove useful in improving my style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 13th, 2013 at 07:01 AM.

Page 2144 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1144164420442094213421422143214421452146215421942244 ... LastLast