Thread: Ideas for an Independent Distro.

Beans

Smile Ideas for an Independent Distro.

Hi All.

We (JT Foundation ) already created a linux distro (JabirOS) and it's based on Ubuntu.

Now I decided to make JabirOS independent. We have many candidates for base idea , like slackware, gentoo, archlinux, .... .

Ok. We want a distro with this features :

1- Easy to use and Install ( for everyone!)
    2- Graphical Interface for Package Management ( I already write many scripts for a good package manager, and we call it JetGet ).
    3- Always up to date.
    4- non-rolling.

OK, do you have any ideas to make Jabir Technologies Foundation (JT Foundation) Products better?

Regards.
    Muhammadreza Haghiri (CEO, Founder).
    If you have any ideas which can help me make JabirOS better, please tell me!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Ideas for an Independent Distro.

Muhammadreza Haghiri,

Although I think you have many good ideas, wouldn't it be a better idea to have your first projects successful and start then go to the next one after it can fly on its own. The facebook page, and other pages especially the forum need more help before I'd start something new. It is easy to create a remaster of an OS, but quite another to take the time to create a community behind it.
    Last edited by mysteriousdarren; January 11th, 2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Correcting my thoughts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

- What problem are you trying to solve?

- Why the existing solutions are not good enough? (Are you developing a "space pen"?)

- Is a new distribution the most efficient solution or is it a program / some documentation / contributing to an existing project / something else?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Haghiri75 View Post
    3- Always up to date.
    4- non-rolling.
    Aren't these two features mutually exclusive?
    Cheesemill

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousdarren View Post
    Muhammadreza Haghiri,

Although I think you have many good ideas, wouldn't it be a better idea to have your first projects successful and start then go to the next one after it can fly on its own. The facebook page, and other pages especially the forum need more help before I'd start something new. It is easy to create a remaster of an OS, but quite another to take the time to create a community behind it.
    Thx. These are parallel projects and we have teams

Quote Originally Posted by tartalo View Post
    - What problem are you trying to solve?

- Why the existing solutions are not good enough? (Are you developing a "space pen"?)

- Is a new distribution the most efficient solution or is it a program / some documentation / contributing to an existing project / something else?
    we have many programs for our OS

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesemill View Post
    Aren't these two features mutually exclusive?
    explain more , plz.
    If you have any ideas which can help me make JabirOS better, please tell me!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

This isn't the place for this - you need to talk to your own community.

Ubuntuforums is not a place for you to gather and work out what you might do.

This forum is for the discussion of other operating systems and Linux distros.
    Note - it's not for discussion of a vague intent to create something, for that post in Recurring Discussions - there are plenty of similar threads there.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here