Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    8

    Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    I have an Intel 3945ABG wireless card in my laptop that I need a driver for. Could anyone help?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,804

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    Quote Originally Posted by deadcat45 View Post
    I have an Intel 3945ABG wireless card in my laptop that I need a driver for. Could anyone help?
    what Ubuntu version are you using ?

    you could try the following:

    Code:
    sudo modprobe iwl3945 
    dmesg | grep iwl 
    lspci -nn | grep -i wireless
    The last 2 commands are not required apart from for output, the first command loads the module
    Last edited by haqking; January 9th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    8

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    When I entered that I got this




    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ sudo modprobe iwl3945
    [sudo] password for alex:
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for alex:
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ sudo modprobe iwl3945
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ dmesg | grep iwl
    [ 4613.066735] iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux, in-tree:s
    [ 4613.066746] iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2011 Intel Corporation
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ lspci -nn | grep -i wireless
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,804

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    Quote Originally Posted by deadcat45 View Post
    When I entered that I got this




    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ sudo modprobe iwl3945
    [sudo] password for alex:
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for alex:
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ sudo modprobe iwl3945
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ dmesg | grep iwl
    [ 4613.066735] iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux, in-tree:s
    [ 4613.066746] iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2011 Intel Corporation
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ lspci -nn | grep -i wireless
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$
    and now does wireless work ?
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    8

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    No. I think it needs a driver but i can't find one and get it to work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,804

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    Quote Originally Posted by deadcat45 View Post
    No. I think it needs a driver but i can't find one and get it to work.
    now try

    Code:
    sudo ifconfig wlan0 up



    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    8

    Re: Intel 3945ABG wireless driver

    alex@Alex-backbox:~$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
    [sudo] password for alex:
    wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
    alex@Alex-backbox:~$

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •