Thread: 4od/google play movies no longer working in Kubuntu 12.04

Beans

4od/google play movies no longer working in Kubuntu 12.04

I have had problems with 4od from channel4.com since the (not very) recent changes to the Flash Player system. I could load the adverts but not the programme content, receiving a copyright error message if I was very lucky, but more often than not it would just show a black screen.

I then ordered a film from Google play, just to test. That also game me a black screen and refused to play.

Then said:

"
    In order to watch on Google Play with computers running Linux OS you must install a HAL module. Please follow the instructions provided in the link below to install the necessary module: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/m...s-playing.html
    "

and it turns out that they are correct, that did fix my problems, not only with Google Play but also with the channel 4 4od system.

Hope this helps someone out.

Andrew Gladwell

Beans

Re: 4od/google play movies no longer working in Kubuntu 12.04

I wasn't sure I had an account here, but I logged in just to say thank you. I was having trouble watching 4OD on Lubuntu, this seemed to work. It plays now, not quite perfectly but much better than nothing. Thanks a bunch!

Pax.