Thread: cannot login via remote access using Ubuntu Single Sign On

Beans

cannot login via remote access using Ubuntu Single Sign On

Hi Folks,
    I have tried unsuccessfully to use Ubuntu One Single Sign On service to login into my desktop, after creating a remote desktop.
    1) Both my laptop and desktop are running Ubuntu 12.10
    2) I created, as outlined in the article:
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/09/u...desktop-access
    my remote desktop.
    I did the bare bones and did not create credentials for Ubuntu One to store. ( i just give "name", the "server URL" (my local ip address (192.168 etc)) and I chose the rdp protocol.
    I left my desktop in the signon screen state.
    On my laptop I went to remote access, signed into Ubuntu One Single Signon. You get returned to the 'sign on' screen and I was able to "see" a login access for my desktop. However, when I tried to login, i get an 'invalid password' message.

Some questions:
    How should I be leaving my destkop state?

When I try to sign in, I'm asked to provide "Domain", "User Name" and "Password". I skip the Domain, as I didn't set it as far as I know, and provide my normal "User Name" and "password" that I use to typically sign into my destkop. Should I be doing something different?

Is there any other software I need to run on my desktop?

Any help would be much appreciate.
    Regards,
    Marc

Beans

Re: cannot login via remote access using Ubuntu Single Sign On

Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect this not so old thread, but did you ever find what was wrong? I'm having much the same issue!

Thanks all

Beans

Similar problem here, all help appreciated

Beans

I think I have the same problem, I think it has something to do with the fact that desktop sharing on ubuntu uses VNC and the remote desktop login uses RDP, but I don't know how to fix it.

I installed xrdp on the computer I tried to log into and I was able to log in, but got welcomed by a white/black speckled screen and a cursor, didn't know how to do anything.