Page 977 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 477877927967975976977978979987 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans

Re: You know you're a geek when........

When you fail simple addition but can recite multiples of 1024 with no issue.

Beans
    Hidden!

...when you're pretty sure that one of the work computer's issues with internet connection is due to a flaky WiFi connection that would be avoided fairly easily with some of the spare hardware you have gathering dust at home, but hold your tongue when the boss starts nutting off about the ISP having problems again. (Two of the computers in the room have wired connections to the router which is based in a nearby room, and the others use WiFi; apparently it was too much hassle providing wired connections when the newer machines were installed.)
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

When you going home happy or not depends on the quality of the code you wrote that day.

When you only post in this thread when you catch yourself doing things such as these.
    Full time open source software developer. Projects:
    Wakame-vdc: Virtual data center. Community: Wakame Users Group
    OpenVNet: Virtual networking using OpenFlow
    Sinatra-browse: Parameter declaration framework and browsable API for ruby Sinatra.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

When your checkbook is on your Raspberry Pi being powered by a usb port on your cable modem which which is running a sql server and a home made web interface for inserting your purchases (9 times out of 10 this is not a written check)/deposits that you access via your smartphone
    port forwarding on the router and a dyndns account
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

when you start to notice that people are crazy, you know you are a greek......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    When your checkbook is on your Raspberry Pi being powered by a usb port on your cable modem which which is running a sql server and a home made web interface for inserting your purchases (9 times out of 10 this is not a written check)/deposits that you access via your smartphone
    port forwarding on the router and a dyndns account
    How about when you understand what is being said, and start getting the itch to try it out yourself?
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    How about when you understand what is being said, and start getting the itch to try it out yourself?
    (facepalm)
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans

0111001010101010 11110110101011100

Beans

When you think about hex at least ten times a day....no sex.....no hex....wait !
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

when you see the word hex the 1st thing that comes to mind is a hexadecimal and not magic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    i thought of it, just would not really use it
    no cell phone (maybe when i can get firefox os on one), no raspberry pi, too stingy to spend enough to make it a worthwhile investment
    but if you want to work on a web UI let me know, i would like to make it, i just don't want to make something no one will use
    i could just make one that uses html5 storage instead of a sql server, but i would not want to chance loosing the device then, and then i would have to use the phone when buying with my desktop or laptop
    in my case i could just use a spread sheet file in my ubuntu one folder

just thought of putting my scanner server on a raspberry pi, it will work great as long as you don't do a lot of image to text conversions
    as well as the networked printer

a raspberry pi would make a great home server, every time i want one they are out of stock...
    like now for example
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Page 977 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 477877927967975976977978979987 ... LastLast