Thread: Image viewer problem in 12.04

Beans

Image viewer problem in 12.04

Bottom edge of image viewer window is below bottom of screen, making scrolling and full viewing of image impossible. This is true using Image Viewer 3.4.2 in a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 on a laptop with a 1280x800 screen. It is true whenever the pixel height of the image is greater than that of the screen, even though "Best Fit" is checked. Bug?

Beans

Re: Image viewer problem in 12.04

Sounds like it could be a bug, have you tried Shotwell Photo Manager? I find Shotwell to be better to say the least.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install shotwell

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You may, if you wish, report this as a bug but is it a bug in Image Viewer or Unity.

A way to work around this is to spread the four workplaces and then drag the application window partway into the lower workspace. Then expand that lower workspace and now you can adjust the application window size. And then push it back into the first workspace.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

I have used this workaround countless times because many programs don't like 1024x600 resolution. Its a great workaround, that didn't come to my mind when I posted earlier. Good job.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you lean on the Alt key and grab the window, you can move it up. Then make it shorter, and move the window down.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gordintoronto View Post
    If you lean on the Alt key and grab the window, you can move it up. Then make it shorter, and move the window down.
    This is simply divine information. You deserve a laser. Can someone get this good man a high powered laser?