Thread: Unconfigured domain issues after using Tor

Beans

Unconfigured domain issues after using Tor

Hi.
    I just instaled and used Tor for the first time in my Ubuntu 12.10. After closing the browser and trying to restart Tor, I started getting a message from Tor:

"Another Vidalia process is possibly already running. If there really is not another Vidalia process running, you can choose to continue anyway. Would you like to continue starting Vidalia?"

So I googled it and did more or less what is described in the post: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/82096
    and it solved the problem in that I was able to start a new Tor session after that. (I might have killed the wrong things here...)

But then, after closing Tor, I went back to regular browsing in Chrome, and when I type in www.youtube.com it redirects to a page with the following message:

"This domain points to a Wikimedia Foundation server, but is not configured on this server."

I tried Firefox, but got the same result. The address still works in the incognito window of Chrome, though. I have already cleared the cache and browsing data, and I have restarted the computer, but it is still redirecting (or rather telling me it is an "unconfigured domain"). Could somebody please help? Thanks!
    Last edited by anddrade; December 31st, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Beans

Re: Unconfigured domain issues after using Tor

Never mind, it is solved, I cleaned the browser and it went back to normal. For some reason it wasn't working before...