Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lenovo mac address

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    11

    Question Lenovo mac address

    Hi Ubuntu,

    I have a think pad by Lenovo. The mac address is underneath the lap top, but this does not seem to be correct. what other way can I check for the mac address please.

    roanantelope.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Lenovo mac address

    Quote Originally Posted by roanantelope View Post
    Hi Ubuntu,

    I have a think pad by Lenovo. The mac address is underneath the lap top, but this does not seem to be correct. what other way can I check for the mac address please.

    roanantelope.
    Code:
    ifconfig
    and look for the HW address
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    11

    Re: Lenovo mac address

    Thank you Shadow valley beans,
    I found the mac address and the one I had was also correct. The problem is that when I activate the access control on my net-gear wi-fi. it will not allow my laptop access. If I disable the access control I have access. There are very close computers and I do not want to leave the access control off.

    Regards,

    roanantelope.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Lenovo mac address

    Quote Originally Posted by roanantelope View Post
    Thank you Shadow valley beans,
    I found the mac address and the one I had was also correct. The problem is that when I activate the access control on my net-gear wi-fi. it will not allow my laptop access. If I disable the access control I have access. There are very close computers and I do not want to leave the access control off.

    Regards,

    roanantelope.
    Well so in yoru access control list you have put the correct mac adress i presume ?

    Remember that 0 will be a zero and not a letter, common mistake.

    MAC addresses are hexadecimal so will only ever be a-f 0-9

    also with it off, when connected most routers shoud list connected devices and you can choose them from the list.

    Also you will have a mac address for your ethernet eth0 and your wireless (probably wlan0)
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Beans
    11

    Re: Lenovo mac address

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    Well so in yoru access control list you have put the correct mac adress i presume ?

    Remember that 0 will be a zero and not a letter, common mistake.

    MAC addresses are hexadecimal so will only ever be a-f 0-9

    also with it off, when connected most routers shoud list connected devices and you can choose them from the list.

    Also you will have a mac address for your ethernet eth0 and your wireless (probably wlan0)
    Thankyou haqking,

    I went into attachments connected, and found that a different mac address was given. I used these mac numbers, and lo and behold it allows only the two laptops through that I authorized. I appreciate your help. Seasons greetings to you and family.

    Regards,
    roanantelope.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Lenovo mac address

    Quote Originally Posted by roanantelope View Post
    Thankyou haqking,

    I went into attachments connected, and found that a different mac address was given. I used these mac numbers, and lo and behold it allows only the two laptops through that I authorized. I appreciate your help. Seasons greetings to you and family.

    Regards,
    roanantelope.
    You're welcome.

    remember too use thread tools to mark as solved.

    Cheers
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •