Thread: Cudos to ubuntuforums and the people in here

Beans

Cudos to ubuntuforums and the people in here

I am a new user of ubuntu and Linux and have just started to set up my first server using it. I cant tell you how many problems I´ve encountered during these days! The thing is that I´ve just found this forum and ALL my problems have been solved by searching this forum. I am absolutely flabbergasted over the competence that reside in here!

So a giant hatt of to this forum and to all of you who amazes me with your bright brains

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Cudos to ubuntuforums and the people in here

Welcome to probably the most active forum of the Linux world.

I have been using Ubuntu since 5.04 or 5.10, and this forum has helped me with answers to so many of my queries that I really don't think I would be using it still if that was not such a valuable resource of knowledge.

Thank goodness for this wonderful OS and all the users who are so happy to spread their information to new users. Hopefully, as you become used to using Ubuntu, you will be able to help out by answering queries that others have.

Ignore some of the moans and groans from users about unity, or various other details of the ubuntu family of OSs because once you understand how to use any one of them properly you will be able to deal with most of the everyday difficulties that might appear.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cudos to ubuntuforums and the people in here

Quote Originally Posted by SmickSmack View Post
    I am a new user of ubuntu and Linux and have just started to set up my first server using it. I cant tell you how many problems I´ve encountered during these days! The thing is that I´ve just found this forum and ALL my problems have been solved by searching this forum. I am absolutely flabbergasted over the competence that reside in here!

So a giant hatt of to this forum and to all of you who amazes me with your bright brains
    Great post to read, that one =D>
    +1, ajgreeny's comments, Ubuntu has been in use from 7.10 on here.
    Welcome
    Last edited by coldcritter64; December 22nd, 2012 at 08:07 AM.