Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJ975 View Post
Okay, LowSky - In my eyes you are a god with MythBuntu. Thanks to you I have my WinTV-HVR-2250 set-up and working. Both Tuners are pulling in my analog Basic Cable service and everything is working perfect off a keyboard. I am now trying to get it to work with my RC6 remote (aka 1069 new version remote) and after over 10 hours of research I can not get it detected. Ran Mythbuntu Control Center install for every remote option, and nothing...I am selecting it as a USB/Serial Remote but the ir blaster port is actually built right in the card, and I am running a brand new install of Mythbuntu 12.04 with MythTV 0.25. Is there any help out there for me? If you can't tell, I'm the worst kind of newbie coming over to linux from Windows XP of all things, so my knowledge base is very limited...typing command lines into the terminal window was overwhelming just by itself.
I am no god. Thanks for the praise but you are way, way, way too kind.
As far as I know there is no support for the built in IR port of the 2250. I have the older model that came with a USB receiver. I suggest you check newegg, ebay, or amazon for one that will work. I know it means spending more money but its the only thing I know.

for example:
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Contro...ref=pd_sim_e_1