Thread: Dell studio 1535Wlan card

Beans

Question Dell studio 1535Wlan card

I have a Dell Studio 1535 Laptop with Ubuntu 12.10. When I installed Ubuntu the wireless card worked and I updated a few packages that required a reboot. When the computer booted up the wireless card isn't even visible. I had a wireless card issue on other Dells and the card at least came up as firmware missing and I was able to use the 3rd party driver tool and a script I wrote to get the card working. Well I installed the 3rd party driver tool and It doesn't show up even though Software center says its installed. FwCutter wont do it either. I need to get this card working for my friend. HELP! I think its a Broadcom I don't know. If someone has a script that can fix it please contact me.

It is a Broadcom BCM4322
    Last edited by Ryaniskira; December 7th, 2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Chili555 helped me find out the Make of my wireless card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Dell studio 1535Wlan card

Please run and post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    The pipe symbol is on the same key with \ on the right side of my US keyboard. Thanks.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.