First I'd like to say thank you in advanced for any help you can give me. I'm very new to Linux-based operating systems, so excuse my ignorance.

I am having trouble with connecting to my router.
I can connect when I use Windows, but not when I use Ubuntu or Lubuntu. I have uninstalled Ubuntu and I currently have Lubuntu installed.

I have a Dell Optiplex 755

And I have a TP-Link TL-WN723N wireless adapter.

Here's what happens: I will see my router in my network list (sometimes) and I click connect. It prompts me for my system password, then it prompts me for my wireless password.
I type them both in correctly, then it'll show the "connecting" icon where the wireless is, then after a while, before it fully connects it will ask me for the wifi password again.
I've tried manually putting it in, still no luck.
Once it did, however, connect but when I tried to open anything up in Chromium, nothing would load.

In Ubuntu, it used to connect and then load really slow or not at all, then disconnect from my router.
We've checked our router information and it's not booting me off, it's just not letting me connect.
I'd be running Ubuntu right now if I would be able to connect to the internet with it. I only installed Lubuntu in hopes it would be a driver issue, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated