Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    OS: ubuntu 12.10
    mythtv version :0.26

    After upgrading from 12.04/0.25 to 12.10/0.26 UNPN is no longer seen in my home network.

    Yes in /etc/rc.local I have the following line

    route add -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth0 &
    and route:

    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    default MY_ISP 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth2
    MY_ISP_IP * 255.255.240.0 U 1 0 0 eth2
    link-local * 255.255.0.0 U 1000 0 0 eth0
    192.168.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 1 0 0 eth0
    239.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0



    There are no error in /var/log/syslog

    Any ideas how I can debug it or fix it/

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    I was about to shoult out that there had been a thread regarding this in the mailing list recently...

    But I think it was your thread

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    I was about to shoult out that there had been a thread regarding this in the mailing list recently...

    But I think it was your thread
    There was no much help in the mythtv mailing list. I think it is an Ubuntu issues. possibly a 12.10 only issue. I have had UPNP working for years. Now That android and media devices are UPNP compatible I do not have it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Have you tried 12.04? Personally I would always go with LTS versions of ubuntu for mythtv boxes. In gact I think mythbuntu is only making ISOs for LTS versions now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    Have you tried 12.04? Personally I would always go with LTS versions of ubuntu for mythtv boxes. In gact I think mythbuntu is only making ISOs for LTS versions now.
    I had no issue with 12.04/0.25. Did not try with 12.04/0.26. At this point I am committed to 12.10. I am looking for a way to identify the source of the problem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by odror View Post
    I had no issue with 12.04/0.25. Did not try with 12.04/0.26. At this point I am committed to 12.10. I am looking for a way to identify the source of the problem.
    Oh and the services api is a far better way of getting your recordings onto android. Myth's UPNP does no transcoding so you get massive files that are unlikely to play well on android, with the services api the backend transcodes to h264 and serves up a HLS stream.

    Of course yes, identifying the source of the problem would be good!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    Oh and the services api is a far better way of getting your recordings onto android. Myth's UPNP does no transcoding so you get massive files that are unlikely to play well on android, with the services api the backend transcodes to h264 and serves up a HLS stream.

    Of course yes, identifying the source of the problem would be good!
    It was almost OK with the TF300 (better then iconia 500). I have a nexus 10 now. May be it will work for it. MY TV and the xbox have DLNA. I would like also to try xbmc instead of mythfrontend. Xbmc does not recognize the recordings without UPNP) At leas in my system it did not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Beans
    3,239

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by odror View Post
    It was almost OK with the TF300 (better then iconia 500). I have a nexus 10 now. May be it will work for it. MY TV and the xbox have DLNA. I would like also to try xbmc instead of mythfrontend. Xbmc does not recognize the recordings without UPNP) At leas in my system it did not.
    XBMC 12 works with mythtv via at least three methods:

    myth:// protocol
    mythbox addon
    XBMC's PVR support.

    I put XBMC on my phone last night, very cool!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    XBMC 12 works with mythtv via at least three methods:

    myth:// protocol
    mythbox addon
    XBMC's PVR support.

    I put XBMC on my phone last night, very cool!
    Thank you. that can be a solution to my problem. If it works I can wait for UPNP on 13.04.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    303

    Re: UPNP missing on 12.10 with 0.26

    Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    XBMC 12 works with mythtv via at least three methods:

    myth:// protocol
    mythbox addon
    XBMC's PVR support.

    I put XBMC on my phone last night, very cool!
    I tried all three methods on xbmc 12. None woked.

    myth:// did not connect.
    mythbox addon is not compatible with mythtv 0.26
    XBMC PVR support does not have the mythtv addon. PVR.cmyth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •