Re: Asus X401A-BHPDN41
I did it and here's how it was done:
- I disabled Secure Boot in the BIOS by pressing F2 at boot.
- Pressing ESC at boot presents a boot menu where you can choose to boot from USB.
- I ran an Ubuntu x64 live USB and Ubuntu finished installing before I could even finish the first act of Hamelt!
- Ubuntu boots and runs very fast, faster than Windows 8, even.
- Everything seems to be compatible without proprietary drivers (there are none available for Ubuntu)
- function keys do not work (do I need to file a bug report for this?)
Last edited by caffeinatedev; November 28th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Reason: Include details about drivers and fixing grammatical error
Tags for this Thread