Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 3.7.0-3 now out

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    6,539
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    3.7.0-3 now out

    In the repos ..

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
    Linux ubuntu 3.7.0-3-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 20 22:38:45 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /release/@ 5.06GHz64bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Beans
    160
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    In the repos ..

    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
    Linux ubuntu 3.7.0-3-generic #9-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 20 22:38:45 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$
    Wow quite a late post....... It is out for 3-4 days already I think...

    Try out the new kernel guys!

    It is based on the v3.7-rc6 upstream Linux kernel.
    As the Ubuntu Studio release manager and a Kubuntu developer, I do a lot of ISO testing and packaging.
    Make Ubuntu 13.10 awesome~!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    6,539
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Quote Originally Posted by smartboyhw View Post
    Wow quite a late post....... It is out for 3-4 days already I think...

    Try out the new kernel guys!

    It is based on the v3.7-rc6 upstream Linux kernel.
    hahahaha .. hey .. thanks .. I have been out working for the past few days in the field.

    My apologies.


    Regards..

    Oh.. got the link for that new kernel?

    Thanks
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /release/@ 5.06GHz64bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    133

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    I wonder if this is the best way to install it on 12.10/Quantal:

    https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+...filter=quantal

    Here are all the needed files.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasNovin View Post
    I wonder if this is the best way to install it on 12.10/Quantal:

    https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+...filter=quantal

    Here are all the needed files.
    3.7.0-3, is in the regular repositories, and should be installed during your regular daily (at least twice or more) updates.

    Note: the screenshot is from my atom powered netbook
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    6,539
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Just an awesome screenshot !
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /release/@ 5.06GHz64bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Going through synaptic the other day I saw it and I installed it without any problems.
    Wonder why it didn't install via updates if it was 'laying around' in synaptic?
    Last edited by DougieFresh4U; November 24th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    133

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    3.7.0-3, is in the regular repositories, and should be installed during your regular daily (at least twice or more) updates.

    Note: the screenshot is from my atom powered netbook
    It is for 13.04/Raring but not 12.10/Quantal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 3.7.0-3 now out

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasNovin View Post
    It is for 13.04/Raring but not 12.10/Quantal.
    This is the U+1 (Raring Ringtail) testing & discussion sub-forum. If you want to try newer kernels on released versions, have a look here:

    http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •