Hello everyone, I've got a strange problem on my hands.. strange as in "I don't really know where to begin look for solutions".
All of a sudden I'm having various problems:
- Unable to mount a drive by clicking on it within nautilus
- Firefox gives me an error message saying "The bookmarks and history system will not be functional because one of Firefox's files is in use by another application. Some security software can cause this problem."
- Strange soundproblems that comes and goes
- Unity stopped working
There might be more, but this is what comes to mind right now.
Now, these problems doesn't really seem to have anything in common, right?
- The drive I can easily mount from command line with, but from within nautilus all I get is "Unable to mount drive Not Authorized".Code:sudo mount
- The problem with Firefox I tried fixing by following this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...e%20functional
But that didn't work.
- I got Unity to work again by logging in to Unity 2D, and using ccsm to re-enable the "Ubuntu Unity plugin". Don't know why it was disabled, I sure didn't do it.
- The soundproblems I can fix by doing a
followed byCode:killall pulseaudioCode:pulseaudio
The only thing I can recall doing these last days is going into "User Accounts" and enabling "Automatic Login". Now, that doesn't work either, I still have to log in manually.
If I open "System settings" from the menu up to the right and open "User Accounts" I cannot do anything. The button for unlocking the settings is grayed out and it says "System policy prevents changes. Contact your system administrator."
The fun part is that if I open "System settings" from the unity menu to the left and click on "User Accounts" the window crashes.
OK, so I'm thinking this has something to do with my user, but I am logged in as I always have been, account type "Administrator".
I don't get it.