Thread: Wifi Internet Connection problem when connected to a network via Lan

Beans

Wifi Internet Connection problem when connected to a network via Lan

My system is Ubuntu 12.04, 32 bit.

I am facing some problem with my wifi internet connection after I have connected to a network via LAN.

When I connect to the LAN, then I lost the internet connection. After disconnecting from the LAN, the wifi [internet] connection works again.

Here is the two tabs, after I connect to the LAN:

and

This above settings fail to connect to internet.

After I disconnect from the LAN network, then the internet [wifi] works again. Here is that settings:

I want to connect to internet always, and also want to share my Wifi internet connection via the LAN. But dont have idea how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

--------
    Edit:
    My wifi works with the default network settings, dont require any IP or DNS. I have set it for the LAN by editing:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf
    Last edited by brainhammer; November 13th, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: some further info

Beans

Re: Wifi Internet Connection problem when connected to a network via Lan

can anyone help me to find out how to connect with internet [via Wifi] while I am also connect with a office network through LAN?

Beans

Re: Wifi Internet Connection problem when connected to a network via Lan

Your wired connection is your default connection, so internet traffic will try to go through its gateway. I don't know how to set the default connection to be wireless with 12.04 but look around in the network options, you can probably figure it out.

Also make sure the wired LAN you are connecting to is on a different subnet than the wireless LAN. If both are say 192.168.1.something, you'll only be able to get to one network or the other but not both.